Collection of Your Personal Information
Storage and Use of Your Personal Information
When you visit my website a cookie will be placed on your computer or device. This cookie helps me improve the flow of the website and helps me understand more about your computer or device so I can provide an optimized browsing experience to you. These cookies automatically expire after a certain period of time and can be removed from your computer using the browser settings. You can choose to block cookies when using my website, but in doing so your experience may be affected.
This cookie contains basic information about you and your computer, including but not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your general location (e.g. your city)
- Your browser and operating system
- What website you came from before visiting mine
The information I collect is used to analyze trends, usage, and activities and to help me improve the experience you have using my website as well as maintaining, improving, personalizing and promoting my website. I do not sell this information or share it without your consent.
The security of this information is very important to me, that is why I use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect the transmission of this information.
Third Party Cookies
I use third party services to help me improve your user experience and to help me understand how my website is used, for example what posts are popular and how people navigate around the site. These third parties also place cookies on your computer which also can be removed or blocked, but by doing so may affect your experience of my website.
- Google Analytics - Analytics Platform
- Pinterest - Social Sharing Tool
- Aftertype - Blogging Tool
- Disqus - Discussion Tool
- RewardStyle - Content Monetization Tool
- VigLink - Content Monetization Tool
Affiliates and Content Monetization
My website contains affiliate links as text and images in select posts. This means that I may earn a small commission if you purchase something that I have recommended, at no cost to you. Sponsored posts or gifted products are disclosed as such.
The way I earn a small commission is by using affiliate marketing companies to track cookies and manage commissions. You can review the policies of each company as follows:
- Amazon Associates: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Social Media Sharing
My website offers social sharing features (such as the Pinterest "Save" button) which lets you share my blog posts and my images with other social media platforms. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with that platform.
You can visit the privacy policies of these social media platforms here:
- All content published on my website, including text, designs, photographs and tutorials, is original and copyrighted on the date of the published post. The only exception to the above is if I'm sharing inspiration (e.g. photographs from other blogs or social media platforms) in which case I will always credit the original source.
- You are very welcome to use my images and to share them using the provided social media sharing tools, however please give credit to my website and link your readers back to the original post.
- I reserve the right to monitor comments posted on the website. Spam, self-promotional, and offensive comments will be subject to deletion.
- All opinions are my own. Authenticity is important to me and I will never endorse or recommend a product that I don't personally believe in.
If you have any questions about these policies you can contact me at thathomebirdlife at gmail.com.
Last updated on April 25 2020.